For Families & Caregivers
The following NAMI programs are designed to educate and support families:
Planning for the Future
NAMI Wisconsin with the UW School of Social Work is hosting a “Planning for the Future Workshop.” Planning for the Future is a one-day workshop designed to help families create a life plan to help ensure the future needs of their loved one are met. All participants will receive a computerized Life Plan Workbook. Featured speakers include; attorney Heather Wilson, social services consultant Ron Konkol, and creator of the workshop Dr Jan Greenberg, PhD, Social Work.
- Saturday, November 2, 2019
- 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- American Family Insurance–Training Center: 6000 American Pkwy, Madison, WI 53783 (map)
- (608) 268-6000
- Other details:
- Cost to Attend: $15 per person
- Continuing Education: Social Work CEU’s are available for an additional $20/CEU (3 social work CEU’s available: $60 + $15 = total $75)
- Application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RT7QRP7
- Deadline: Oct 17, 2019
NAMI Family Support Groups are free 90-minute support groups led by family members of persons who live with mental illness for other friends and family members of persons living with a mental illness. These groups provide a place that offers respect, understanding, encouragement, and hope.
The NAMI Family-to-Family Education Programs is a free 12 week course for family caregivers of individuals living with mental illness. The course is taught by trained family members. All instruction and course materials are free for class participants.