How to use Zoom
If you are interested in using Zoom for your affiliate, please contact Mary Kay (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will help you get registered, cover the cost, and help you set it up. After you are all set up, please check out these how-to guides created by NAMI Portage-Wood and NAMI Dane County. Please email or call us if you have any questions. Thank you for your hard work!
How to keep your Zoom Meetings Secure:
- Controlling Chat Access
- Click Chat in the Meeting Controls.
- At the bottom of the in-meeting Zoom Group Chat window, click More, and then choose ‘Host Only’ under ‘Allow attendees to chat with’.
- To prevent participants from screen sharing:
- Click the arrow next to Share Screen at the bottom of the window and click Advanced Sharing Options.
- Under ‘Who can share?’ choose ‘Only Host’.
- Close the window.
- To Mute Permanently
- Select ‘Manage Participants’ at the bottom of the window.
- Select ‘Mute All’
- A new dialogue box will appear. Uncheck the box next to ‘Allow participants to unmute themselves.’ Click Continue.
- If an individual needs to be removed from the zoom meeting, follow the below steps
- To Remove an Attendee, their name will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- If the Participants panel is not visible, click Manage Participants at the bottom of the Zoom window.
- Next to the person you want to remove, click More.
- From the list that appears, click Remove.
More helpful links: